New books and exciting author events! Get your read on!Read More
An Evening with Dave Boling author of The Lost History of Stars (Pictured) on July 18th! Rain Gardens of the Northwest on Sunday July 16th. Everett Poets on Saturday July 15th. The Type-in Returns Sunday July 9th at 1PM! StoryTime Every Wednesday at 11AM! See YOU soon!Read More
Lots of exciting events are happening at BookTree - Hope to see YOU soon! New and gently-used books, Gift Certificates, Loyalty Cards and more.Read More
Loyalty Cards! New signed and collectible books! Upcoming confirmed events and more!Read More
Seattle Independent Bookstore THIS Saturday at BookTree! Reading Circle, StoryTime and more!Read More
April Events include the Tik Tik Tik Type-In; Robert Lashley Free Workshop and Reading, Evening of Book Recommendations, award winning author Paul Hunter, StoryTime Wednesdays, Reading Circle Book Club and more!Read More
Upcoming special events, book club, 3rd Saturday Workshop & Reading, The Tik Tik Tik Type In and more, more more.Read More
We're starting off March with some very exciting events at BookTree!Read More
Updates, Upcoming Events, Preview of what's in store and more!Read More
Events, Authors, StoryTime, Bookclub, a sale and more to know about at YOUR local community book shop!Read More
Author Appearances, Bookclub, StoryTime and more at Kirkland's only independent new and used bookstore, BookTree!Read More
25% off Sale (Christmas Titles and more....) Exciting upcoming events like StoryTime, Free Workshop w/ Matthew Brouwer, Our in-house bookclub, and Robert Dugoni.Read More
Happy New Year and Thank You!Read More
Don't Miss our Third Saturday Free Workshop - Reading and Open Mic beginning at 4:30 p.m.Read More
Thank you for embracing BookTree and making our first few weeks in business a success! We are off to a good start. Thanks for telling your friends, neighbors, family and acquaintances about the new bookstore in Kirkland. We are planning exciting events and readings. Some are already on the calendar - like our upcoming Holiday party on December 9th, the Michael Schein reading on Sunday, December 11, and the next installment in our workshop and poetry reading on Saturday December 17th which will feature Washington State Poet Laureate Tod Marshall!
We had a great gathering last Sunday (11/27) with Robert Dugoni and learned that there will be a 4th (January) and 5th Tracy Crosswhite book; and the new Crosswhite book is already getting praise from Publishers Weekly, Kirkus Reviews and others. Not to mention a literary novel that will be published in the next year that Robert is very excited about. Also, the very exciting brand new development -- there will be a Tracy Crosswhite TV or Cable series in the future (the deal was signed!). There will also be a video of the Q and A session available shortly. (I'll post a link when I figure out how and where to present it). All of Roberts hard work over the last few years is leading to his much deserved growing success and pardon the cliche' (but it fits like a glove). it couldn't happen to a nicer guy! (Hmmm I wonder if he'll be at our Holiday party?)
Oh yes. . . we have some autographed Dugoni books ready for you to enjoy or give as gifts.
Don't forget that late breaking updates often appear on our Facebook page! (Please Like the Page and share it!) Some of you already know there's a good reason to be on our email list. . . we remind you of events and sometimes include coupons! Please sign up here.
November 19th the 3rd Saturday workshop and poetry reading begins with Priscilla Long and Larry Crist hosted by our own Chris Jarmick! RSVP on our Facebook Event Page Here
Then on Sunday, November 27, we have author Robert Dugoni in the store from 2 to 4 p.m. .....
BookTree's Grand Opening Week continues!
BookTree is a brand new independent bookstore located at 609 Market St, Kirkland, WA 98033. We look forward to serving the Kirkland-Juanita community. Yes you can special order books, purchase gift certificates or discover a great read! We are open M-F 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Sat. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sun. Noon to 5 p.m. Hope to see you soon!
We had our Grand Opening celebration on Saturday November 5th and it was awesome!
Here are some pictures from the celebration, enjoy!
LETTERS FROM THE OWNERS, SEPTEMBER & OCTOBER 2016
Kirkland’s brand new independent bookstore BookTree will have it's grand opening on Saturday November 5th! We'll have a ribbon cutting and sneak peak event on Friday evening, November 4th.
The remodel is in its final stages (though has taken longer and cost more than anticipated). We are grateful for all the donations we have received which have greatly lessened the impact of the costs involved with our extensive remodel and the other legal and equipment expenses of opening a new business (including new computers, software, equipment, legal fees, rent/lease etc).
There are several ways you can participate in making the store a success.
1) Spread the word that BookTree is now open through emails, social media (Facebook, Twitter, blogs, LinkedIn etc.). Let your friends, family, neighbors and acquaintances know a brand new, independent bookstore is located at 609 Market Street in Kirkland, WA. We have a NEW facebook page (and it would be helpful if you go to the page and LIKE it as well as share it- thanks) Our BookTree Facebook Page
2) Donate. We’ve nearly reached our $25,000 donation goal, but the extra time and costs of the remodel are several thousand more than anticipated. Any amount you are able to donate to BookTree helps. As a special thank you, all donors will get recognition in the store newsletter and all donors who are able to contribute $250.00 or more, will be named on a plaque and displayed in a place of honor in the store. If you prefer to remain anonymous we would also respect that.
If you are able to make a donation please make your check out to BookTree and send it to:
Kirkland, Wa 98033
Or you can make a donation through out website (and use a credit card):
3) We need a medium sized microwave, if you want to donate one in the next week let us know!
4) Donate gently used Blu-Ray DVDs or Audio Books on CD. We are going to see if offering gently used DVDs (particularly those with a strong literary connection) and Books on CD will attract additional customers and sales. Feel free to drop in during our remodel. (Co-owner; Chris Jarmick is a film-buff, historian etc.).
5) Plan on giving the gift of Books this holiday season. We have gift certificates in any amount you want!
6) Open a BookTree House Account and pre-purchase books (for yourself or as gifts). Deposit now, spend later and help BookTree’s cash flow immediately. We’ll offer a little bonus to you for doing this. What that means is creating a $300 house account is stretched to $320 worth of BookTree credit! ($200 = $210; $300 = $320; $400 = $430; $500 = $540; $1000 = $1,100).
7) We can’t wait to welcome back all of our (former Parkplace) Bookclubs. Ask us about joining a Bookclub or creating a new one!
8) We’ll be having special USED BOOK buying days. You sell used books to Beth for cash and find some great new reads at BookTree!
9) We have decided to carry Used Books - what we offer constantly changes. And you can special order any NEW book in print you want.
Remember BookTree is a full service bookstore. When you shop at BookTree you support our local Kirkland economy and nurture and grow our community.
Thank you for your continued support, and enthusiasm which is an ongoing source of encouragement and inspiration to Chris and me as we open BookTree.
With love and gratitude,
(and Christopher J. Jarmick)