LETTERS FROM THE OWNERS, SEPTEMBER & OCTOBER 2016
Kirkland’s brand new independent bookstore BookTree will have it's grand opening on Saturday November 5th! We'll have a ribbon cutting and sneak peak event on Friday evening, November 4th.
The remodel is in its final stages (though has taken longer and cost more than anticipated). We are grateful for all the donations we have received which have greatly lessened the impact of the costs involved with our extensive remodel and the other legal and equipment expenses of opening a new business (including new computers, software, equipment, legal fees, rent/lease etc).
There are several ways you can participate in making the store a success.
1) Spread the word that BookTree is now open through emails, social media (Facebook, Twitter, blogs, LinkedIn etc.). Let your friends, family, neighbors and acquaintances know a brand new, independent bookstore is located at 609 Market Street in Kirkland, WA. We have a NEW facebook page (and it would be helpful if you go to the page and LIKE it as well as share it- thanks) Our BookTree Facebook Page
2) Donate. We’ve nearly reached our $25,000 donation goal, but the extra time and costs of the remodel are several thousand more than anticipated. Any amount you are able to donate to BookTree helps. As a special thank you, all donors will get recognition in the store newsletter and all donors who are able to contribute $250.00 or more, will be named on a plaque and displayed in a place of honor in the store. If you prefer to remain anonymous we would also respect that.
If you are able to make a donation please make your check out to BookTree and send it to:
Kirkland, Wa 98033
Or you can make a donation through out website (and use a credit card):
3) We need a medium sized microwave, if you want to donate one in the next week let us know!
4) Donate gently used Blu-Ray DVDs or Audio Books on CD. We are going to see if offering gently used DVDs (particularly those with a strong literary connection) and Books on CD will attract additional customers and sales. Feel free to drop in during our remodel. (Co-owner; Chris Jarmick is a film-buff, historian etc.).
5) Plan on giving the gift of Books this holiday season. We have gift certificates in any amount you want!
6) Open a BookTree House Account and pre-purchase books (for yourself or as gifts). Deposit now, spend later and help BookTree’s cash flow immediately. We’ll offer a little bonus to you for doing this. What that means is creating a $300 house account is stretched to $320 worth of BookTree credit! ($200 = $210; $300 = $320; $400 = $430; $500 = $540; $1000 = $1,100).
7) We can’t wait to welcome back all of our (former Parkplace) Bookclubs. Ask us about joining a Bookclub or creating a new one!
8) We’ll be having special USED BOOK buying days. You sell used books to Beth for cash and find some great new reads at BookTree!
9) We have decided to carry Used Books - what we offer constantly changes. And you can special order any NEW book in print you want.
Remember BookTree is a full service bookstore. When you shop at BookTree you support our local Kirkland economy and nurture and grow our community.
Thank you for your continued support, and enthusiasm which is an ongoing source of encouragement and inspiration to Chris and me as we open BookTree.
With love and gratitude,
(and Christopher J. Jarmick)